Monday, March 14, 2005

Back in country

Ojinaga turned out to be an interesting trip. No chairs or tables but we did have the steak. The town of Presidio is very small and not very prosperous. From the hiway you could see a pawl of dust rising over both towns. Ojinaga was twice as large and, it too, was not very properous. As border towns go it was about average.
I was over the border before I knew it and with a truck full of tools I was not very comfortable. I wasn't too woried about theft and such but how I would explain all of the stuff coming back to the US. Needn't have worried, I could have been your usual terrorist and not have raised an eybrow.
Nice diversion though and the trip was worth it. Stopped at the Hotel Piassno in Marfa for that margarita on the way back. Got back to the bunker about sundown and had a relaxing evening.

No comments: