Monday, June 05, 2006

Time to begin the expansion

Everything went well over Memorial day. The A/C had a slight fit and blew out a transformer, no I don't know why, probably gremlins. I had another unit in the trailer for the addition so a quick swap of transformers and viola, cools like a champ. Unloaded the trailer and stacked the studs in lenghts and widths so when the time comes it will be easy to lay my hands on the right ones. I need to take the trailer back to Austin because I have purchased a load of trusses for the roof and it is time to load up eveything else in the back yard and bring it to the bunker. This time I will leave the trailer at the bunker.
The first order of business is to fence the courtyard and build the kiva, which is a big fireplace/oven, that will make up the NW corner of the courtyard and the North end of the fence. The fence will be 5 to 6 feet tall and I have about a hundred glass blocks and some wine bottles that will add color and light. The gates are part of the package too but I don't have that figured out yet. Maybe I'll run across some weathered barn wood or something similar and will make the gates look like they have been there forever.

No comments: