Monday, March 12, 2007

Try, try again

Tomorrow is the day. Tuesday the 13th. The Dr. will turn his skills with a drill, a saws- all and pair of pliers into a bionic knee replacement for me. Oh, I forgot the hammer. I don't know if I'm going to the hospital or a muffler shop. By noon it should be over and then several weeks of teaching the muscles to live with a foreign object. I'll be ship shape in a month or so. My personal goal is to be able to walk a mile in three weeks. Once I can do that I'll be ready to go back to work in another week or so, if they will take me back. I need to get back to work on the bunker too. It's time to do the gates and the wall around the courtyard. All the parts are there and a couple of trips should be enough to get it under control.

UPDATE: 3/15/07.....Home already. The knee went like clockwork and the pain was so tolerable that I didn't have to resort to morphine at all. I was up walking Tues evening and on Wed morning I walked the whole sixth floor hall (between a quarter and a half mile). Dr was pleased and sent me home today and the pain is still tolerable but worse. Like a giant charlie horse, the joint is not involved but the muscles that hold every thing in place hurt like a tooth ache. I'll work on it.

No comments: