Monday, May 26, 2008

The fence comes together



Memorial day '08. The fence is far enough along to show. Lots of work. The fence is cinder block with a top of glass blocks. I scored a thousand glass blocks from the remodel of a high school. They were painted green on one side and Barbara had to clean them up. The fence meets the gate post with a rubble of glass block and small chunks of concrete left from the windows. The blocks will get a parge of stucco and then the same paint as the gate, that's why I didn't do a pretty job with the blocks. It took both days to git-er-done, the footings had been done on the last trip and one post was already up too so this time it was just...clean the glass blocks, lay the concrete blocks and sit back and admire.

1 comment:

Eric Siegmund said...

Well, I'm stopping in for my bi-monthly visit, to see how the Bunker is progressing. I really like the idea of the glass block along the top of the wall. (I wish we'd used more of it in our new house; there are a lot of creative things you can do with it. I'm told that glass block is now considered passé by interior decorators; fortunately, we never let interior decorators darken our doorway!)

I have to say that Barbara appears to have drawn the short straw in terms of fun things to do.