Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bionic man redux

One week out from surgery I had the stitches removed and the Dr. said I could begin PT, carefully, with the XO acting as coach. He was amazed that I was ready to go home the day after my new shoulder was installed. No sense staying though, I'm really good at pain control and I had a little football of nerve-block so off I went. He doesn't know about years of dentist visits with no pain meds. I have pretty good mobility because I have been working at it since the surgery. I can raise my arm forward from my side to 135 degrees, think heil Hitler, and pivot my elbow and wrist 100% of their pre- replacement motion. When my right shoulder went in the company I was working for required me to be off 12 weeks, I'll be 100% and swimming laps in 4 now that I'm retired.

1 comment:

Cathy Hoover said...

Sounds great about your shoulder. The place looks real nice. I see on your calendar you say F/T resident in 244 days...What's that? Sounds like you and Barbara are really enjoying yourselves. I'm so happy for you both! Cathy Hoover