Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Gates

Time and the weather did bad things to the original gates. The glue dried out, the stiles split and some of the screws fell out. They looked good but just didn't work.
To combat the sagging problem I made the frames out of 2" steel tube and covered them with sheet metal. With my handy-dandy plasma cutter I free handed a design on them. It could be better but Rustic is what I was going for. Not bad If I do say so myself.
The XO and I loaded them up here in Austin and took advantage of the weather and spent two days installing them. We need to start
spending more time on the mountain.

1 comment:

Eric Siegmund said...

Hey, long time, no visit! The gate looks good. Ironically, I finished my [much more modest] gate project about the same time you posted this. I don't have a sleeping Mexican on mine, but I do have a little coyote.

Hope things are going well for you.