Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gas Mileage


Been trying to find a replacement for my old gas guzzler. This looks just the ticket. It will look good down on the drag too. My only problem will be the ride out from Austin.
I have been looking at a CNG truck but the closest station is in Midland and I think it's owned by the city and would be out of bounds in an emergency. There are only two stations in Austin. So much for alternative energy, it's obvious that Washington has never heard of West Texas. I've done the math and I guess I'll stay with what I've got. I have given up thinking of the price of gas and moved into cost per trip. It costs about 180 dollars round trip. Three years ago it was 60. It's not really too bad but it sure makes you look at those one or two day trips, I'll need to stay a week at a time or more to make it more cost effective. As a prep-per I have a stash at both ends and could last a few months wherever we end up.

No comments: