Saturday, June 02, 2012

Still here but not there

Doctors, Dentists, and Barbers have ganged up on me so I have let another month get by without a trip to the bunker. The Barber is the worst. I have to be bled every few weeks because I make way too many red blood cells and even though that seems to be a good thing it tends to clog me up. It also affects every organ in my body. I can't just go down to the blood bank and make a donation because my blood is considered diseased. The other doctors have their boats to pay for and kids in college so I have to see them to keep the payments up to date. I now have more crowns in my mouth than real teeth. The dentist is pretty cool though. For the past 20+ years he has worked on me without pain meds and his soft touch has worked fine. It tends to freak the girls out but I have been doing it since the 80's when I was taught how by a dentist in California and it has some carry over in all that I do. I have had both knees and both shoulders replaced with minimum pain meds and none, post op.  Not that there is no pain it's just that I can compartmentalize the pain and keep on functioning.  Now that the gas price has gone down a little it's time to make a trip. I'll let you know.

No comments: