Monday, September 07, 2009

The August trip in September

Lots of stuff going on so we didn't make our August trip to the bunker till this week. We had to get out of the heat so we headed for Sturgis SD. We also went through Iowa to visit my brother. I call him my retarded brother because he lives in Iowa. I have tried to get him to come to Texas but he won't even come to visit. He says that Texans are all braggarts but I remind him that Iowans don't have anything to brag about. Especially football.
For the past four years I have had two pallets of patio blocks gathering dust out back. Last trip I spread sand in the patio area and this week we laid them. My knees still hurt. The XO would gather them in a wagon and bring them to me on the sand and I would put them down. I thought that each pallet was 250 blocks which would have been just right but it turns out that they were 200. I'm short (well...short happens) so next trip we have to carry a hundred and lay them. It really looks great though and when finished it will be nice.

1 comment:

ironclad said...

I am happy to see you are back!!
Very happy... I love your blog.
I was worried about your long absence afraid of the worst...I know that's a horrible thing to say, I know because I myself am an old man, and I hate for people to worry about me. I bet you know what I'm talking about?
Anyway...so glad to see you back, and your photos are excellent. You must have a new camera? Tile work looks great! I can just imagine what the finished project will look like.
Keep the sun off your face, keep the wind to your back, keep a smile on your face.
Take care of yourselves.
Ironclad