Monday, September 14, 2009

Tiles Down

I have replaced the photos from the last trip below because it looks better to show a completed job. The XO and I ran out of tile last trip and had to come back to Austin to replenish. I counted 90 for the finish and guess what. Ran short again. By the time we cut the edges and replaced a few that cracked when I ran the tamper over them we were 12 short. The real problem was that we changed the plan. There was to be a rock garden in one corner (3X4) so 12 tiles. Oh, well, next trip.
Now that the big stuff is done for a while the XO and I can just enjoy the next trip.
I have tentatively scheduled the replacement of the other shoulder for late October or early November. That means 5 or 6 weeks of down time. I could use some front porch time. We will probably also spend some time looking up some of the folks that inhabit this part of Texas. People in these parts are the most self reliant and talented you will ever find. Desert-rats that take each day as a challenge and end each day with the satisfaction of a job well done.

1 comment:

IronClad said...

..."Take each day as a challenge and end each day with the satisfaction of a job well done"...

How well said !!...just what I was thinking looking at that finished tile job of yours, really looks good.

And you're right, an unwelcome surgery just gives opportunity for much welcomed porch time. I do love my own porch time.

Take care of yourselves.